Friday, March 3, 2017

Crab..

The melody breaks in between
Poetries are no more laments,
Heartbeats upbraid,
Feet scared of sand-granules,
Cuddles turn dispassionate,
Lately, I am turning to an amnesia.

I am in the clutches of a crab.

as an uninvited famine,
a creature that walks with piercing nail claws,
over my premature dreams…

Before it swallow,

I need to swam over, augment,
to the terminal corner of the world.

When it's scabrous, churlish fingers,

force open the scorched doors in my arid stomach,
I become an unfleshly nakedness
in some silent night tide..

Ballads extended as universe,

a science for you,
a fame within the thick jacket,
a sea as old as genesis..

You, the song,

is the poison goblet,
vended in taverns….
Did the server know that you fed your own hunger?

You are above the scintillae of breath,

Maladies not too big, been accused on you…

This crab is a migrant..

Though, seeds germinate and trees merge with soil
with it's shadow…

Every moment,

the voices dug out by sandals, follow…
Breath cells that exude the phlegm of obsession, vociferate….

Who jailed me?

Who sentenced me?
What was the offense?
When was I betrayed?

Without a charge sheet,

without a prey,
with no one to endorse,
without a legal text for namesake,
who purveyed the executioner?

Though the real convict is the shadow,

that arranged even the gallow
in the unknown prison,
the historical thoughts simmer another question…

How many more crabs

left in this world…
never tired of leeching,
ever breeding and multiplying…
like a landslide,
that embrace one after another…
how many??

Traslated by Deepa Chandran Ram

No comments: